Build an app with React, Redux and Firestore from scratch
Learn how to build a web app with React, Redux and Firestore from beginning to publishing.
What Will I Learn?
- Students will be able to create an application using React, Redux and Firestore by the end of this course.
- A computer with either Windows, Mac OSX or Linux is required
- We will make use of (free) Google services so a Google account is necessary
Do you want to learn React and Redux in the context of building a complete application? Do you want to learn about Firestore, the new Database offering from Google that provides ‘live data’ to our application? Are you the type of learner who gets most out of actually building an application rather than watching endless slides about how something is supposed to work? If so then this course is for you!
In this course we build a complete application from start to finish. We warm up by building a CRUD application in React, we then enhance it by adding Redux and following that we add in Firestore to provide the persistence layer for the application.
Here are some of the things you will learn about in this course:
- Setting up the developer environment
- Creating a React application using the create-react-app utility from Facebook
- Login and Register functionality using Firebase authentication
- Adding social login for Facebook and Google into the application
- Google maps and Places autocomplete integration
- Photo uploading using drag and drop, with resizing and cropping of the images before upload
- Adding a live chat system
- Paging, Sorting and Filtering with Firestore
- Firestore database design
- Creating reusable form components with Redux forms
- Building a great looking application with Semantic UI
- Many more things as well
Please take a look at the introduction video for a demo of the application we are building on this course
- Beginner developers who have familiarity with HTML, CSS and JS who want to learn about React and Redux
- Beginner developers who want to learn about Firestore, Google’s new database service
Created by Neil Cummings
Last updated 6/2019
Size: 12.55 GB