Build Complex Express Sites with Redis and Socket IO
Build and develop your own multi-purpose real-time websites with Redis and Socket IO
What you’ll learn
- Understand the commands, data types, and the storage structure of Redis
Implement basic messaging through Redis
See how to build sites by integrating Redis and Node.js
- Master the installation and application of Socket.io
- Interact with different browsers using Node.js and Socket.io
- Create Room and Namespace applications using Socket.io
- Use Redis to implement multi-server Socket.io
- Know how to implement out of process messaging using Socket.io with Express
- This course will teach you everything you need to know about building websites, utilizing Redis and Socket.io from scratch. This is a practical guide on integrating Redis and Node.js and making a site real time using Node.js and Socket.io.
This video course shows you how to use Node.js to build websites, and focuses primarily on Express as the framework that the website will be built in. In addition to Express, we cover the use of Redis and Socket.io to make more robust and dynamic sites. Many courses only focus on one of these, but this course covers all of them.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build applications using Express, Redis, and Socket.io. Express helps by making full-featured web applications easy if you know how. Redis opens doors by making data quick and easy to fetch. Many sites have used Redis to make difficult data problems easy. Lastly, Socket.io makes two-way communication between the browser and web application easy. If you have ever needed to build something that was real-time, then Socket.io is what you want to use.
About The Author
Joshua Johanan is the author of two books, Building Scalable Apps with Redis and Node.js and Web Developer’s Reference Guide. Both books deal with some of the details that will be used in this course.
Who this course is for:
- This is for anyone who has programmed before, but has never used Node.js. It’s also great for anyone that has used Node.js but never tried Redis or Socket.io
Created by Packt Publishing
Last updated 10/2017
Size: 490.96 MB