A Beginner’s Guide to Essential Mathematics, Data Structures and Algorithms used in Game Programming applied in Unity
What you’ll learn
- How to use bitwise operations to optimize processing and storage in games.
- Everything there is to know about vector mathematics and how to navigate in 2D and 3D space.
- The principles and practice behind collision detection with lines, line segments and ray casting.
- The beauty of affine transformations and the fundamentals in transforming game objects.
- What a quaternion is and how it is used to rotate game objects.
- How to build a mathematics library in C# from scratch.
- Familiarity with the Unity Game Engine
- Confidence in programming with C#
- Mathematics skills to high school level (basic trigonometry and algebra).
- Bitwise Operations, Bit Packing and Bitboards
- 2D and 3D Space
- Mapping from one coordinate system to another
- Positioning Objects
What students are saying about this course:
- Brilliant course. Might be the most helpful course I’ve found on Udemy so far. Penny is an amazing instructor. Even by the end of the first section learned super valuable information that I can apply to my games.
- Early in the program but already learned enough to make the purchase price worthwhile.
- As always, the professor delivers a great, clear course on a badly needed subject to learn. She is so knowledgeable and can impart her knowledge to her students. I recommend all her courses and her YouTube channel.
- Beginner game development students who want to be able to understand the mathematics behind game engines.
- Skilled programmers keen to move into 2D and 3D game development spaces.
- Game development enthusiasts who want a deeper understanding of how mathematics is applied in games.
- Anyone with an appreciation of mathematics who wants to investigate how it is applied in computer game environments.
Created by Penny de Byl, Penny @Holistic3D.com Last updated 6/2019 English English [Auto-generated]Size: 8.78 GB