PHP for Beginners 2019 Part 1: every line of code explained
PHP for Beginners: Learn to Code in PHP. Every line of code explained in detail. A true PHP for Beginners Course 2019
What you’ll learn
- a true PHP for Beginners course with step-by-step lessons
learn how to code using PHP from a national award-winning teacher
you will be taken from absolute PHP beginner to confident coder with every step clearly explained
- create dozens of useful PHP scripts
- create a Rock Paper Scissors game
- create a basic hit counter via sessions
- create a 2 player Tic Tac Toe game
- create a bad word filter
- create a ‘How many days until Christmas’ script
- create and use HTML forms and process the data using PHP
- create, read, update and delete sessions and cookies
- access to regularly updated content including lesson notes, downloadable code, HD quality video tutorials, and quizzes
- 25 PHP coding challenges (more added regularly) with full video solutions and downloadable PHP code
- access real world coding challenges and examples including full video solutions and downloadable code
- manipulate words and sentences (strings) using string functions
- use mathematical operators e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division (and more) to solve practical problems e.g. calculate the area of a circle if the user inputs the radius or diameter
- use loops to simplify processes
- use conditional statements to test properties and action processes based on the result
- create and use simple arrays and solve problems involving array functions
- use associative arrays and manipulate them using array functions
- use PHP internal functions and create your own
- use the date() function to perform calculations based on date
- a tutor who responds quickly to questions and who regularly updates the course
- 30 day money back guarantee!
- …and much more!
- Have access to a computer with internet connection and browser
- Some HTML and CSS knowledge would be beneficial but the tutor will explain everything as he goes
- If you wish to use the downloadable code snippets then you should know how to open a zip file.
- A functioning PHP development environment of your choice. I will show you how to use CodeAnywhere including all set up. There is a free 7 day trial for those who would like to test it. Then is it only $3 per month. It is the best and easiest system I have found to enable me to support you.
REGULARLY UPDATED PHP FOR BEGINNERS COURSE (Last Update: 18 April 2019).
- FREE access to the first 4 sections of the course. I strongly encourage you to try before you join.
- Every line of code explained
- Full support with all questions answered promptly
Students consistently say how much they LOVE this course due to its unique delivery method and challenges which enable you to use your new skills immediately. Join the 1000s of other students who have successfully learnt to code in PHP.
This PHP for beginners course introduces you to PHP through carefully crafted examples and fully worked tasks. Learning by doing is what this course is all about. You will experience real world examples of PHP code use.
Have you seen other courses that use complex terms or that jump steps and leave you thinking “why did that just happen”? You won’t find that with this course because every line is explained and is very easy to follow..
This course has been designed with the coding beginner in mind or those who may have picked up bad habits and wish to refresh their coding skills.
On hand to help and guide you is a renowned national award-winning teacher who has taught 1000s of students over a career of over 25 years.
Highlights of this course include:
- Full code from every example and mini task shared with you online
- Carefully crafted challenges and full solutions with FULL explanations of every line
- Demonstration of a shared coding environment
- Dozens of real world examples with more added on a regular basis
- A tutor who cares about his students
- Regular updates and new challenges
Every line of code is explained in full detail to ensure that you can progress from absolute beginner to competent coder very quickly.
I am so confident that you will enjoy the course that I have provided FREE access to the first 4 sections. If you like my style then and want to continue to learn then JOIN NOW and follow the remainder of the course.
STUDENT REVIEW: ” Amazing”
STUDENT REVIEW: “I’ve enrolled in many courses here on Udemy and to be honest I’ve abandoned most of them because they are like entertainment to me. I classify them as entertainment because knowledge without action is entertainment. This course is outstandingly different, since as you learn you’re challenged to act on that knowledge. I’m now a better programmer as a result of taking this course, previously I used to struggle with transferring my real world logic to computer code. I’m in no way saying that I’m an expert now but my thought process has been adjusted due to Mr. Morrow’s effective teaching method.”
STUDENT REVIEW: “This was my first intro to php (in preparation for the php section of my coding bootcamp class I’m currently enrolled in), and the instructor explained everything really well. The pace was just right (for me). I already purchased his php part 2 course, so I can’t wait to get into that! Excellent course, content, and instructor!”
The above are just 3 of many 100s of positive reviews. I encourage you to follow the freely available first 4 sections of this course to see if it matches your needs and preferred learning style. If it does then join the full course and follow the remainder of the course with full support.
*** THE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT: IMPORTANT ***
You can follow this course using your own preferred PHP code editor. Due to the various complexities of setting up code editors and the huge number of local variations, I cannot provide support for these editors. I spent 2 years researching code editors with my face-to-face classes. After many issues for my students with various editors we now use an online development environment called CodeAnywhere. This allows me to fully support you throughout this course as you can easily share your code with me if needed. Please note that there is a FREE version of CodeAnywhere which is limited to 7 days. The free version has all the required features of the paid version so that you can easily follow along with methroughout this course. A paid version is available for only $3 per month and I strongly believe it is worth every cent. You can also follow this course using your own preferred code editor. I do NOT have any affiliation with CodeAnywhere.
MY PROMISES TO YOU
As a registered teacher (yes, I teach in a real classroom every day) I strongly believe it is my job to ensure you feel totally supported when taking my classes. I therefore promise the following:
- to respect you as a student and individual with your own learning needs
- to be courteous and polite in our interactions
- to answer your questions promptly
- to fix any issues you may encounter with the lessons
- to respond promptly to feedback
I really do look forward to welcoming you to this course. I am confident you will enjoy the approach of learning what each line of code actually means.
Join the course today.
- No PHP coding experience is required – this is a true PHP for Beginners course
- Complete beginners to PHP are welcome and encouraged to enroll
- Anyone interested in learning PHP at a basic to intermediate level
- If you are looking to learn complex Object Oriented Programming (OOP) then this course is NOT for you
Created by Patrick Morrow
Last updated 4/2019
Size: 973.83 MB