Become job ready for advanced nodejs development by mastering testing from scratch, jest, cypress, mocha and more.
- Get a very deep understanding of unit testing
- Test real world node-js APIs with both unit testing & integration testing
- Become a guru at writing end to end tests for all sorts of applications
- Master mocking, stubbing, and common techniques of testing applications
- Understand when and how to use feature tests, unit tests, and end to end tests.
When I started learning how to test, everything looked so easy.
Assert 2 + 2 = 4 ?
Sure, piece of cake. But when I was faced with a real world application, this was terrifying. I couldn’t catch up at my job. It was depressing. I didn’t understand what mocking was. Neither did I understand topics like stubbing or spying.
That’s why I created this course. You are going to start from scratch, understanding exactly what a test is, what an assertion is, what errors are, and then we’ll move on to more basic topics like:
- Unit testing
- Test runners
- Assertion libraries
- Test suites and organising tests
- Running tests
To master these concepts, we’ll write unit tests for real world functions, and understand exactly how testing feels when working on a real world project.
There will be plenty of assignments and code reviews, to make sure you understand exactly what is being thought in the course.
After our feet are wet , and we can write basic tests, and after solving multiple exercises, we’ll move on to a more real world approach, covering advanced topics like:
- Feature / integration testing
- Spying & stubbing
- Asynchronous tests
- Database testing
- End to end testing
Last updated 6/2019
Size: 793.94 MB